Issue #2 reading period closes 1/13/18.
(Issue #3 reading period opens 3/7/18)
Guidelines (be sure to read before submitting at bottom of this page)
- Important: if you wish to remain anonymous if we publish your work, please put the word “Anonymous” as the first word in the “Cover Letter” box, then add any Bio statement you would allow us to publish about you (i.e. “Anonymous. I’m a lawyer in Arkansas”)
- title, page numbers on each piece
- include a Bio of up to 150 words in the “Cover Letter”
- previously published and simultaneous submissions are fine as long as you state so in your cover letter; if previously published, please cite it appropriately; if your piece is accepted elsewhere or you want to withdraw it please let us know immediately via Submittable
- one submission per person per genre per reading period
- those selected for publication online will receive two free copies of the printed chapbook version
- we aim to respond within two months (give or take)
- if you are not able to type your piece or utilize Buddy‘s online submission process, please email us at info@BuddyLitZine.com and we will try our best to accommodate your piece as a hand-written submission
- it’s okay to be real and honest…it’s not okay to be overtly graphic just for the sake of being overtly graphic (Buddy Editors will decide what’s too graphic)
- Poetry: up to 3 poems per submission, up to 2 pages each poem, 12 point, Times New Roman, single spaced, all in one file
- Fiction: 1 piece per submission, up to 5 pages, 12 point, Times New Roman, double spaced
- Non-Fiction: 1 piece per submission, up to 5 pages, 12 point, Times New Roman, double spaced
Any submission that does not adhere to any of the above guidelines will, unfortunately, be declined. We’d really love to read your work, so please follow the guidelines!
Remember to read the disclaimers.
Ready to submit? Have at it! Do it on our Submittable page.